AND OTHER STRANGE PASSAGEWAYS
“…one of the few writers whose work I’ll read immediately, upon publication, in hardcover if necessary.”
— Elaine Cunningham, New York Times best-selling author of Dark Journey
What do a broom-wielding wizard’s apprentice, a goddess with postpartum depression, a sentient electric chair, a Navy Chop on planetside rotation, and a boy with Downs Syndrome who is more than what he seems – at least some of the time – have in common? They’re all characters waiting for you on the other side of Bridges of Longing and Other Strange Passageways, a collection of twelve stories and fourteen poems from multiple-award nominee Marsheila Rockwell.
|Publisher: Marsheila Rockwell
Release Date: Feb 18, 2013
Purchase from Amazon (trade).
Purchase from Amazon (Kindle).
Purchase from Barnes & Noble (Nook).
Once you venture across that mist-shrouded bridge and step through the swirling portal, you’ll discover:
- 1994 Dell Award Honoree, “Auf Widdershins,”
- 2006 Rhysling Award Nominee, “Fairy Tale Ending,”
- 2008 Rhysling Award Nominees, “Brothers in Arms” and “Those Who Wait,”
- 2010 Rhysling Award Nominee, “Of Amaranth and Honey,”
- 2013 Rhysling Award Nominee, “Enter Persephone,”
- …and many more, including brand new horror stories “Catechism” and “The Thing at the Foot of the Bed,” as well as an ode to a god too clever for his own good, “I, Alone.”
So, come, cross the bridge, enter those strange passageways, and explore the magical worlds you find there – worlds you’ll never want to leave.
“Every time I re-read “The Short Bus” I wish I’d written it. One of the best, most moving short stories I’ve ever read, in a collection of amazing stories and poems, from one of my favorite, must-read authors? An automatic must-buy!”
— Gini Koch, author of the Alien/Katherine “Kitty” Katt series